Shyamantak Ganguly – Won 2nd place in National Kickboxing Championship, 2021, GoaSeptember 16, 2021
1) We are aware of your contribution to the ecosystem; talk us through your background and your journey, please;
Answer: I did my schooling from SOUTH POINT HIGH SCHOOL and completed by graduation in B.com. honrs from Bhawanipur Gujarati Education Society.
I started martial arts from the age 3 and I am into martial arts for the last 23 years and into Fitness for the last 6 years. I am 5 times national championship full contact Karate champion. I am junior Asian Full Contact Karate Champion, 2008. I am 2nd place holder in International Championship, Brazil, 2019 and 5th place holder in International Dream Cup, 2018, South Korea. I am a certified FITNESS TRAINER FROM NSDC (Govt. of India).
2) What made you passionate about ‘Martial Arts’?
Answer: I started martial arts training seeing my father and brother. I became passionate about martial arts as this helped me keep myself motivated, positive. With martial arts I was able to make many people confident, positive. It also helped me to develop the never give up spirit which helped me in different aspects of life.
Martial arts and fitness helped to develop strength, helped in weight loss, helped to increase flexibility and stamina. It also helps to develop mental strength.
3) How do you manage to keep going despite the challenges? What drives you?
Answer: “SUCCESS TRAINS, FAILURE COMPLAINS”- this line motivates me every day. Martial arts only taught us to never give up. Whatever comes in life keep going. If you are determined and confident of what you are doing then whatever challenges comes they will pass on its own.
Whenever you face any challenges, I always say “I can I can” this to myself.
4) Who do you believe has been the biggest source of motivation in your daily life?
Answer: My biggest source of motivation is my family. Specially my father Shihan Shivaji Ganguly. The way he struggled in life and kept on going with a smile on his face is just remarkable. Every day I learn from him and he himself is an Institute of Martial arts.
5) What are some of the strategies that you believe has helped you grow as a person?
Answer: There are a few:
- Being positive
- Hard work and honesty
- Taking up challenges every time.
6) You are always positive and motivated, what keeps you going?
Answer: My motivation comes from my family and specially my father. The way he struggled in his life and the way he faces any situation positively and with a smile. Whenever I see him I also get motivated that if he can do, I can also do.
7) In your opinion what are the keys to success?
Answer: I will say it straight that there are many factors but if you really have to have the key elements then to me these are the ones:
- Responsibility for my actions
- Never give up spirit
- Positive Attitude
8) What advice would you give students and young professionals who want to have a successful career?
Answer: “SUCCESS TRAINS, FAILURE COMPLAINS” – this quote helped me a lot in life. If u want to have a successful career few things are important
- Keep patience.
- Keep working hard
- Be honest and have confidence on whatever you are doing.
Follow Shyamantak Ganguly on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/karateshyamantak/